Sunday, August 21, 2011

day 2 - where you would like to be in 10 years

This is a tough question, because I am pretty lost right now in some aspects of my life.  In ten years it will be 2021 and I will be 40.  I guess I would like to have more direction by that point.  I hope to have a better grasp of what I should be doing with my life that is the best for my family.  Right now my world is a little upside down as far as what I am doing.  I have a wonderful family that I love dearly, but I am unemployed.  I am torn mostly because being at home with my son everyday is by far one of the best experiences I have ever had.  On the other hand, we are not making a whole lot of money, John is working two jobs, and making ends meet is becoming increasingly difficult.    Money is not a focus in our life.  I like it that way.  But... we need to be able to take care of ourselves.  What needs to happen is I either need to start bringing in more money, John needs to be able to bring in more money or I need to learn to better manage the money that is coming in.  I am working on better managing the money that is coming in, but as far as the next ten years are concerned...  I do not know what will be the best option at this point.  If I am to get a job, should I continue doing what I have done in the past?  I am a good trainer, but is that what I should be doing?  It means I may have to be away from my family more then would be desirable.  Should I venture into another career?  If so what?  Should I stay at home and focus on Lennon, and just do very careful budgeting?  I don't know....  I guess the answer to "where would I like to be in the next 10 years" is that I would like to have these questions answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment