I love visiting new places! I have many places I would like to see for the first time, or go back too.
I was having trouble writing this entry. Usually I am an ocean of travel fantasies. I dream of riding camels through Tunisia, charting a yacht to the Galapagos, watching my son dig up dino bones in Utah, Cruising down the Danube, exploring temples in India, visiting a voodoo priestess in the French Quarter, llama trekking to Machu Picchu, Seeing an African sunrise over the Savannah, Luxury Camping in the Northwest US, seeing the Egyptian pyramids and temples in person, staying in a whitewash ocean view house in Mykonos, shopping in a Turkish bazaar, relaxing in Iceland's Blue Lagoon, hanging out with my family on Manitoulin Island, Visiting my in-laws on Ana Maria Island, introducing my son and my husband to Danish hospitality and food, experiencing a "Dude Ranch" and .... you get the idea.
Lately though I have been so tired. So defeated. The thought of planning a vacation financially and logistically is exhausting. For those that know me, they know this is not my "normal" take on life. I just am having trouble living right now. Not long ago planning an adventure for me and my family is one of the activities that fed my passion. Right now, I am just not feeling it. I have been stuck for several weeks... almost a month on this challenge entry. This is odd because "where would you visit " is usually a topic that I could go on for days about.
It did feel good to write out this list of my travel dreams of not too long ago. I just hope I can re spark my passion. I hope I can see the beauty in life again. I think I may just have the winter blues.
This is kind of difficult for me. After John and Lennon I have a lot of favorite people. Every time I meet a person they are my new favorite people. Am I suppose to include dead people? fictional people? family, friends? I am going to keep family and friends to a minimum on the list. Mainly because I have so much family that I love I cannot list them all. So, here is a list of my top 10 favorite people right at this moment!
1 and 2 would of course have to be John and Lennon. They are my favorite people because they are my whole life.
3. Christopher Hitchens - Close to the top of the list mainly because he has recently past, so I have been thinking a lot about his influence on my life. The man was not always pleasant, and I did not always agree with his approach, but he was incredibly brave and, I think, deserves a lot of credit for bringing taboo issues to the forefront of conversation.
4 , 5 and 6 is a tie between Lucy Ann, Andrew Mykle and Benson Urijah. - Three of my most recent family members. They made the list because I am so excited to discover the people that they will grow to be. It is so exciting to see adorable little babies grow into fascinating individuals.
7. John Titor - The mystery of this, most likely fictional creation, can pull me out of being a rational person to an obsessed conspiracy theorist, in seconds. He is most likely not a time traveler from the year 2032, and he is most likely not even a real person, but his insight into the state of our society as it is and how it evolves is amazing. I have read and reread his online forum transcripts countless times and never get tired of it. Every passing year brings new perspective to his words.
8. Ron Paul - On most issues I am on the complete opposite side of the fence of this man. However, I am fascinated by him in general. His ideas are often so off the beaten path compared to the average american politician, and they never waiver. He knows what he wants to say, he knows what he wants to do and he has a passion and a drive that is infectious. I don't think he will win the republican primaries. I certainly don't want him as the leader of our country, but he sure is fun to watch.
9. Jane Austen - Because her stories are always timeless and entertaining.
10. Anyone who is not afraid to be themselves no matter what the consequences may be.
Hopped on my blog for the first time in a while (obviously). I was doing this blog challenge, went on vacation (in August) and completely forgot about it. So, I am going to hop back in starting with day 6.
Wow, facts I can do, but interesting ... I don't know.
1. I was born in West Palm Beach Florida.
2. I have been to 16 different countries.
3. I took one semester of Japanese in college... I did not do well.
4. My heart has stopped and has had to be revived on two occasions.
5. I can fit my fist in my mouth.
6. I have been kicked out of the Vatican.
7. I have skinny dipped.
8. I have gotten a '98 Ford Escort stuck in a sand dune in the middle of nowhere.
9. I have taught High school.
10. I have never gone into labor, but I have a two year old son.
11. I lost a daughter.
12. I don't like cheese.
13. My first time skiing was in the Alps.
14. I have been in an airplane when the engines went out and had to make an emergency landing.
15. I have been overseas, on a vacation, with no reservations.
16. My son was 3lbs 2oz when he was born.
17. I would put olives on everything if I could.
18. I started riding horses when I was 6 years old.
19. I have never had a cavity.
20. I LOVE the dentist!
21. I never get sick of reading the John Titor Archives.
22. I have studied French, Russian and Danish, but I don't know how well I could speak at this point.
23. I have been bitten by a mysterious bug in the jungle that made my arm go numb.
24. I have been swimming in water with crocodiles (I got out once I saw them)
25. I have paid a toll with pennies.
26. I have worked in Canada while living in the United States.
27. I had ferrets for 7 years.
28. In May, 2012 I will have been with John for 13 years.
29. I love musicals!
30. For three of my first 5 dates with John we went to go see the Matrix.
My horoscope - The fire within you may be burning brightly, Sagittarius, but unfortunately, there isn't a great deal of fuel available to keep it going. It may seem as if people are trying to rain on your parade, but they're just trying to do their duty. Relax and contemplate what's going on around you. This may not be the best day to implement change and promote new ideas.
Yes! It is accurate! We are leaving to go on vacation. I am trying to pack and get organized. I am exhausted!!! I just cannot seem to get motivated to do what I need to do. It is funny because yesterday I was so "on the ball". I got so much done. Today I just want to sleep. Every task feels exhausting! My brain isn't thinking thoughts all the way through before it shuts off. I don't think anyone is trying to rain on my parade, except may myself.